Potential Passat owner looking for advice

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

RS2000KitCar
Passat model: B6

Potential Passat owner looking for advice

Post by RS2000KitCar »

Hello everyone. I'm potentially looking to replace my Mondeo ST220 as the mileage is getting a little on the high side. Due to doing so many miles (600 a week) I'd like a diesel and feel I might as well go the whole hog and get an estate to carry bits of my rally car around when required. The Passat seems good value compared to many of its rivals, so is top of my list of cars to look at.

However, I'm finding the trim/equipment levels quite confusing. I think, after some research, that it's the Sport or SEL models that I'd be looking at, with the 170PS 2.0 TDI engine. Age-wise, it would be around 2006-2008. I'm not too fussed whether it's a manual or a DSG really, I quite like both. However, I am fussy about trim and equipment levels.

Is there a specification list available anywhere? I'm struggling to identify what standard equipment each trim level is fitted with, and where each trim level fits into the range. Also, what options are available?

I've seen some with quite nice leather seats, similar to that seen in GT models of the CC and Scirocco, but am struggling to find where they fit in too.

If someone could point me to a spec/options list, that would be great!

Thanks,

Jon

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login