Broken heater blower

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

chrisaaaaa
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Broken heater blower

Post by chrisaaaaa »

I know there a number of threads on this on here, but I must be a muppet because it is not going well. I have a 2007 estate with the fancy electronic air-con nonsense (so no resistor pack).

I have spent half an hour undoing bits with no progress.

I can see on the lists that fuse 39 is for the fan motor, but where is the fuse box, I do not have a book from VW with such info. I tried passenger footwell both sides.

How do you get the glove box out, I undid 3 screws at the bottom and 4 at the top but it will not just drop out, and with the airbag just above I dont want to be too forceful.

I see posts saying just twist the motor and it comes out, I took off the foamy cover above the passengers feet and can see what looks like the right moter on the door side, it is basically smooth plastic and seems to be integrated with some kind of control unit beside it. There is a 2 pin connection going into the housing with some fairly thick wires.

I can measure no voltage on the pins and on the socket I measured 0.8 ohms which I guess is about right for up to 40A at 12V.

So to summarize:
- Where is fusebox?
- How does glovebox come out?
- How does motore dismount?

Honest, I am not as stupid as this is making me look :)

Chris

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login