Engine Workshop! EML and Glow Plug Light

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

neil.p4
still on the production line
Passat model: 2008 CC 2.0 TDI

Engine Workshop! EML and Glow Plug Light

Post by neil.p4 »

Evening All,

Background Info - 58 Passat CC 2.0 TDI CR 140bhp with 71k Miles on the clock (FVWSH - last service at 62k).

On a drive today I noticed the 'Engine Workshop!' message along with a fixed glow plug light come on. I parked up and went to the gym. When I started the car again for the journey home, about 100 yards down the road the Engine Workshop message came on again, this time the glow plug light was flashing and the engine management light was on solid.

I fuelled up on Thursday at Morrisons which is where I normally go for fuel. This time however, I ran out of Millers fuel treatment, so it went without. I normally used Millers EcoMax on every fuel up. Since the fuel up, I have noticed the car to be slightly more noisy at idle and when at a constant speed on the motorway there was a mild juddering sensation from time to time.

I know I need a scan to see what's going on, but I only have the old VAG-Com which I think is no use on this newer model. I have had a look on the forums - common issued are the throttle position sensor and exhaust sensor as well as the car not liking different grades of fuel. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be before I get the thing booked in for a fault scan? I hope it isn't going to cost big bucks!!

Thanks in advance

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login