Passat TDI 170 DSG Auto - Starting from a standstill

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BillHicksRIP
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 SEL 170 DSG

Passat TDI 170 DSG Auto - Starting from a standstill

Post by BillHicksRIP »

Hi. Have had a Passat TDI 170 SEL DSG for a couple of weeks now and am having a weird issue with moving the car off from a standstill when I'm in Drive. I've come from having a BMW 318 with an autobox, which was basically just a go-cart. If you reached a roundabout and there was a gap, you pressed the pedal and you were away. I'm having trouble doing the same with the Passat as there is a pronounced half-second delay where I hit the gas, and nothing happens. Depending on how much force I apply dictates how much the engine revs when it does get going, but the half-second lag is always there. I've been caught out a few times where I've had to slam on because the car just hasn't moved in the time I'd allocated to fit in the gap.

I'm hoping it's something I will just get used to, but I thought I'd post here in case someone had experienced the same, or there's something wrong with the motor. It's under warranty for another 2 weeks so have still got time to get it rectified if it's not right.

Thanks.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login