VAG-COM Problems

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dellgloom
B1
Passat model: B6

VAG-COM Problems

Post by Dellgloom »

Hello guys,

Ive been having a few little problems since playing with my VAG-COM, which arent really major, but are starting to get on my nerves a bit...

Anti-Hijack. Locking the car when I go over 10 mph.

I had only had the car a week or so, so I hadnt really had much chance to play around.
Enabled this with the VAG-COM, but after doing this it reset some of the other features, such as all door unlocking with one press, and it reset the auto-unlock (after manual locking) to once the igition is turned off, rather than when the key is removed. Nothing major, but little annoyances.

After trying to put this back, I realised I could do all this with the MFD. The options on the MFD were not matching up with what the car was doing, so I went back to VAG-COM and reset the anti-hijack feature back to '0' to disable.

As this turned the anti-hijack back off, the other features remained the same, so I corrected these with the MFD.

Now, in convenience controls, I have all door opening enabled, anti-hijack enabled, and auto unlock enabled. The problem im having is that regardless of what setting the car is on, it sometimes randomly unlocks when I turn the ignition off, and then sometimes doesnt. The setting on the VAG-COM is always '0', regardless what it says on the dash, but whatever the dash setting is on, it basically just does what it wants.

To cut a long story short.... Is there anyway to completely reset a control module on the car, back to factory defaults? Either by taking the battery off on the car overnight, or by using the VAG-COM?

And more recently, you know when you walk away from the car and think, "Did I lock that?" so you press the button again, and it double flashes just to confirm its locked? Now, when I do that, it flashes once, and if i press it again within say, 10-20 seconds? it flashes once again, I hear the deadlocks disable, and the flashing light on the door stops flashing, suggesting the alarm is also off.

This was after having a look on the page with the alarm locking conformation etc... All the values were '0' suggesting disabled, but I pressed 'Test' without changing anything, which brought up a '0' in the test box. Didnt think it changed anything, but the locking light business has just happened the last few days since doing that.

All this playing has been brought on by using the VAG-COM to check the error codes after starting to get the steering lock problem... Happened twice so far....

If youve got this far, I thank you for reading, haha.

Paul.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login