Dead B6 - Please help

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Raw
B1
Passat model: B6 Sport

Dead B6 - Please help

Post by Raw »

So I had the disappointment of my B6 breaking down yesterday. My wife was driving it to London and it told her to stop. when she pulled over it wouldn't idle and stalled before she could turn it off. The AA couldn't get it going and didn't find any fault codes. It got recovered back to my house and I've just started looking at it.

I had the clutch done on Thursday last week about 150 miles ago. I spoke to the garage who did it and they reckon it can't have been them "we only unplug the MAF mate, don't touch the engine systems or ECU". Obviously it's a bit of a coincidence so I've been under this morning looking for damaged wiring etc. and haven't found anything yet.

When trying to start the car I think the warning light's are behaving differently. There are 4 lamps on the tacho (steering wheel, engine, glow plug & battery), they all light up, the steering wheel changes from red to yellow, the glow plug goes out as normal, the battery is red all the time and the engine is yellow all the time. None of them flash. Only the glow plug goes out. When I try and start the car it turns over but won't fire, and doesn't sound like it ever would (no fuel).

I've got somebody coming out to see me with a VAGCOM, none of the board members I contacted got back to me so I'm going to pay this guy £30 to come to me and read my ECU. Should I get him to do a reset at the same time?

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,

Andy

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login