My original music - SoundCloud - Tom James

What tunes are you listening to ! whats your fave , any playlists post em here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

tom1james
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 2.0 TDI SE

My original music - SoundCloud - Tom James

Post by tom1james »

Hi guys,

without sounding too 'spammy' here, I thought I'd post the link to my SoundCloud profile so you can check out my original music and some remixes I've made in the time I've been producing.

Link: https://soundcloud.com/tomjamesuk

I've been producing since late 2010 and also DJing for over 8 years now. Had some good achievements in this time, racking up over 50,000 plays on my SoundCloud, going on a week-long national tour with my friend (who's a rapper and beatboxer) as his DJ, and having multiple tracks played on radio through BBC Introducing (I had 3 over the summer on BBC Introducing in Norfolk) and other stations.

I make everything from D&B to Hip Hop to House to more chillout stuff and more. My SoundCloud is only a selection, and a majority of the remixes have been removed (I'm now banned from making tracks available for free download because of copyright... SoundCloud has gone downhill since 2010 :| ) but a lot of my best original stuff is still there to listen to.

If anyone is feeling any of the tracks let me know :) always appreciate feedback and take all criticisms on board. Haven't made much in the past few months, I can also link you any tracks if you want them for download.

Thank you :-bd

https://soundcloud.com/tomjamesuk
crosbyvalet
B3
Passat model: 1.9tdi Sport Est

Re: My original music - SoundCloud - Tom James

Post by crosbyvalet »

Played the first track.I enjoyed it thanks.

Here's one I recorded.
Its not my usual style as I play guitar - but I decided to record it to annoy my wife as she said all my music sounded 'the same'!!

Psychedelic Spring 2016

http://picosong.com/hxSv/
Beige Passat Owner!
tom1james

Post by tom1james »

Thank you, which one "The sword"?

I listened to that track. Very oldskool vibe on that one, reminds me of acid house-esque tracks. Thanks for sharing :). What do you use to produce?
crosbyvalet
B3
Passat model: 1.9tdi Sport Est

Post by crosbyvalet »

Yes,that was the one.
I will listen to some more of your work tonight after work.

I used...don't laugh...protools 8 on a windows vista business laptop.. :cry: :cry:
Beige Passat Owner!
tom1james

Post by tom1james »

Thanks man I appreciate that! :)

Oh don't worry I don't judge. Whatever you find is best for you or whatever you have access to. I use Fl Studio 11, used FL Studio for nearly 6 years now since I started and still love it. I used Cubase when I was at college too.
tom1james

Post by tom1james »

Actually been working on some new music for the first time in ages. Getting a new EP together. Electronic music.

Here's the artwork I've made so far :)