Primus

What tunes are you listening to ! whats your fave , any playlists post em here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Primus

Post by Mindriot »

Just finally got round to listening to their latest album, somewhat overdue lol.

Ive always been a huge fan since the beginning of the band. Lez Claypool - considered by many as the best bass guitarist there is - fronts the band instead of a singer, lead guitarist etc and plays like no one else.

Green Naugahyde : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Naugahyde

Primus is the only band with its own ID3 genre tag, 'Primus'

Primus Sucks! \m/ (thats actually the ultimate compliment you can say for Primus - its a trademark statement they deliberately started)

Ill share some classics :

Mamma didnt raise no fool

Greet the sacred cow - Patience for the weird intro the songs amazing.

Wynona's Big Brown Beaver - David Letterman

Jillys on Smack

John the fisherman
Last edited by Mindriot on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lee
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6 SEL 170

Primus

Post by Lee »

Ah will check that out... U rate the collabs with Tom waits? I think there was 3 tracks... ?

........johnny was a race car driver?
........hey baby?
........Tommy the Cat?

And any of the songs about fishing obviously lol
Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie

Re: Primus

Post by Mindriot »

That was on Sailing the Seas of Cheese iirc.

I like most of the stuff, theres so many side projects and collabs I think its impossible to track it all lol.

Lez is a huge fishing nut I thought it might interest all the fishermen around here :)
Lee

Post by Lee »

Yeah I thought I'd mention the fishing.

Yes "sailing the seas of cheese"..... Wtf ?!

Heard his live attempts at Floyd?

My mrs hates primus.... So I know they're good lol
Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie

Post by Mindriot »

I just like the way theyre out to totally destory the pretention of the music industry and take nothing seriously.

Im just suprised anyone heard of them, despite the fact they have a massive following theyre not the kind of band youll hear of in the mainstream media.

Ive also been reliably informed by musically skilled people and friends I dont hear music like most people, whats discordant, broken timing and rhythms to most people sounds good to me :) So I like primus.

Most folks will probably only know the tracks used in films and video games :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primus_discography
Lee

Post by Lee »

Oh come on.... I always say: South Park theme tune!
Lee

Post by Lee »

I used to listen to a lot of really inaccessible stuff, grind core I think it eventually became known as... I've still a load of records in the loft which I'm ready to get rid of, but I think I'll struggle to get anyone to take em!! lol
Napalm Death was always my favourite, and Doom, and electro hippies, and dr and the crippens*.

*As a teenager I went out with this strange girl for a while. Later on found out her sister was going out with one of the band around the same time... This annoyed me for years afterwards being so close to my heroes without knowing lol and never saw them live either :-(

Primus suck ass. 11/10 :-)
Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie

Post by Mindriot »

Lee wrote:Oh come on.... I always say: South Park theme tune!
People know it but not so much who by.

I remember first episode airing in UK, 5 secs in I was snapped to attention, knew the sound instantly lol.

Remeber ND being infamous for their banned double album covers with collages of pics from medical autopsy books, I was in the rock clubs at the time too :) Next youll be telling me you like Celtic Frost, Sepultura and so on :P I was into rock in most forms, but we didnt associate with the glam crowd, they were banished to their own corner of the club lol, they were scared of the slam dancing anyway :hyst
Lee

Post by Lee »

was that bill steer's (ND lead guitarist) side band CARCASS? yes one album actually banned, seized and destroyed under the obscene publications act iirc. I have enjoyed their early albums, one reputedly the heaviest album ever recorded. Utterly symphonic and marvellous. I am completely banned from playing it ever lol. I have never found anyone who liked carcass though!?
Lee

Post by Lee »

Celtic frost and sepultura were next generation I think. I certainly missed em anyway. My bro liked sep. in them days I could only get into what I could afford to buy, occasional trip to Neil's yard in London, or action records in Preston, probe records in Liverpool. I can remember asking for a record in probe, torture garden by naked city, and the guy like asked me if i knew what I was buying! John peel's favourite album of 1991 (correct me?) yes of course I knew!!
Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie

Post by Mindriot »

Sorry yes carcass I was getting mixed up. I was briefly into thrash/death but it was a bit limiting, for instance was also liking the beginning of funk metal like Faith no More etc and for heavy I started to go Industrial way back even then. I seem to recall being big on Suicidal Tendencies for a while :oops:

We were an odd bunch even then in the rock clubs, sort of in our own corner but still accepted lol

Making me miss the clubs, pubs and friends, rock places were rough and informal, anything went and the women were a lot more fun and you could get away with being all kinds of states, all the trendy clubbers were walking around in stiff formal clothes, fighting and being pretentious and looking down their noses at us because there was no such thing as being cool in our world, just accepted.

*** Edit - come on world filter! f u n k metal is not a swearword!
Lee

Post by Lee »

Yea one of my earliest records was a suicidal tendencies, (with "burnt offering" on it?) next was acid reign moshkinstein (motherly love)
Lee

Post by Lee »

Then grindcrusher earache records' compilation and hardcore holocaust compilation. Then nd's scum and feto... bolt thrower, intense degree, ripcord, old, ent, electro hippies. God I bet my folks were glad I moved out at 17 !!!