Advice on B7 2013 Passat saloon 2.0TDi Bluemotion requiring new battery and glow plug no. 2 please?

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

P Adams
B2

Advice on B7 2013 Passat saloon 2.0TDi Bluemotion requiring new battery and glow plug no. 2 please?

Post by P Adams »

Hello all

My wife’s 2013 B7 Passat Saloon 2.0TDi Bluemotion wouldn’t start very well yesterday and engine management warning light in yellow appeared and stayed on. RAC came out this afternoon and carried out a diagnostic and found that it needs a new battery and a showed a fault on the glow plug number 2. Battery is the original Varta at 10 years old!

RAC report notes:
vehicle non start, found battery voltage 12.09v, charge and restest result. vehicle started without the use of jump pack. ran charge test and then returned bad cell result. also carried out dtc scan and found DTC: P067200,Glow plug cylinder 2
DTC: U140A00,Terminal 30; interruption, suspect eml on due to glow plug fault. member going to take to main dealer to have battery replaced and glow plug rectified.
alternator, starter and drain tests okay

Name: CFFB - TDI-CR
DTC: P067200,Glow plug cylinder 2
DTC: U140A00,Terminal 30; interruption

I’ve checked on EuroCarParts, Carparts4less and Halfords and found a Varta battery for £246.80, Exide for £234.99 and a Bosch for £209.99. Fitting at Halfords etc is about £27

Got a good relationship with local VW dealership so will ask them about both items as well!

Had anyone got any advice for us before I try and get things sorted for her please?

Thank you

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login