Starter interlock switch on clutch pedal

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

AMacdonald
Passat model: B7

Starter interlock switch on clutch pedal

Post by AMacdonald »

HI all.
My wifes 2011 B7 Estate did nothing for all of October while we were out of the country and we came back to a dash like a christmas tree! It's nudging 350K miles though and still on the original clutch so I guess it owes us nothing.

I've managed to clear up all the faults apart from one relating to the clutch. Smooth link. The car won't start and VCDS is strongly hinting that the switch attached to the pedal is faulty. I spent most of the weekend upside down in the footwell following incorrect and contradictory advice from mostly american forums before I realised the switch is actually attached to the master cylinder and is outside the bulkhead. I've ordered a replacement and I'm prepared to remove the pedal assembly if I have to, but I was wondering if it was possible to replace the switch without removing the pedal. It looks as though it should be just about accessible from the engine bay but I can't quite visualise how it would come off. Also, if the pedal does have to come out, what's the best way to remove the high-pressure hose from the cylinder? Does it have to come off before the pedal can be removed?

Thanks for any and all advice.
AM

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login