Rear boot Lock/unlock help

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mullard
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Rear boot Lock/unlock help

Post by Mullard »

Hi,
Wondering if you knowledgeable chaps could help me out with this problem with my 2012 B7 1.6 tdi passat. It all started with my boot not shutting & would`nt unlock. I kept getting a noise as I was driving along where it sounded like it was trying to lock/unlock & then it stopped. I then couldn`t open my boot with the key & thought I had burnt the motor out. Since then I have crawled in unlocked & replaced the boot lock wich didn`t solve the issue. I then probed all the fuses in driver side dash & by the battery & couldn`t find anything blown. Next I tried the switch & even though I checked it with a meter & got continuity pressing the micro switch, I replaced it with another to rule it out. I have also pulled the side panels out to check the plugs haven`t got water ingress from a leaking rear washer pipe & all good. I get no noise of anything operating when using the key fob to lock/unlock even when trying just the boot release on key fob & the same with the spare key. What should I check for next ? or is there someone local to Cambridge that would like to check things over for some beer tokens ?

Tia,
Dan.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login