B7 (June 2012) Adaptive Cruise Control intermittent "No Distance Control" message

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Kananga
Passat model: B7 TDi

B7 (June 2012) Adaptive Cruise Control intermittent "No Distance Control" message

Post by Kananga »

Hi All,

I can't seem to find any previous threads on this one but I have and issue with my ACC on my new-to-me Passat.

The car sometimes allows me to engage cruise control but then will drop out of it very shortly afterwards (I think at lower speeds like 30 or under it's more stable).

The warning message on the dash when it either fails to engage or when it drops out is "No Distance Control".

The car is a previous Cat-N with some repaired front damage too.

So my questions are :

1. Has anybody experienced this or seen it or know about it? (I don't have the manual either but have one downloaded that doesn't seem to mention this error).
2. Any suggestions on what I can do to help diagnose or narrow down what the issue might me? What tests if any can I do?
3. If this is a fatal / stupidly expensive repair can I disable the ACC and just have normal common or garden cruise ? I'd be happy with that.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login