None starter

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

patters1978
still on the production line
Passat model: b5.5

None starter

Post by patters1978 »

Hi everyone.

Sadly my Passat b7 1.6 blue motion has been off the road for a few months now due to a family members health concerns and I just haven't had time to fix or any money to get an expert involved.
Sorry it's a long post

So the story beginning of the year the went to my local shop and when trying to set off car would not start at all, car saying press clutch when it was being pressed. The car was sat next to a garage so had them look over the car.
They didn't till after the weekend and found the car just started 9/10 times but sent it off to a auto electrician just incase, no fault was found so car was returned.
Car ran fine for a day then went into limp mode showing a code for EGR valve... Knowing how much this would cost I sourced the EGR valve myself from dark side (Borg Warner) and replaced it.
After a few hiccups with the wiring loom going to the EGR (worn pins) the car finally ran without any problems doing over 200 miles in the space of 2 weeks.
Car was on the drive and was cleaned inside and out and now will not start.

My problem now is after a long crank the car starts, revs go to 2000rpm then with a second or two car cuts out completely.
Loads of random codes come and go but I think this maybe related to battery draining after attempting to start so many times.

Where do I start to figure this one out?

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login