B7 Passat Estate Left Rear Wheel Sensor / ABS sensor

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

RubberDub
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 Sport

B7 Passat Estate Left Rear Wheel Sensor / ABS sensor

Post by RubberDub »

Just a quick anecdote for any present or future owners re. wheel sensors.
Car is a 2012 estate 2.0 tdi bluemotion 140 bhp in sport guise.

Had all the lights relating to abs/asr/auto hold (not working), start/stop, then the electric steering lock stopped working, lots of pretty lights...grrr
Got a mate to scan the car with the VCDS and it said the no signal rear wheel sensor.
Bought one from ebay, cheap regrettably as it turns out, fitted it, all lights still on, bugging me by the mile.

Did a bit more reading online, various solutions from others, from a new hub, to broken sensor wiring connectors inside the cill, to abs pumps, control modules.
All the expensive stuff. I decided to buy a Bosch wheel sensor (21.88 and free delivery on that well known auction site from an authorised Bosch seller)and stop being a cheap skate. Part number 0986594561

Fitted the Bosch, and at the same time sprayed half a can of WD40 down the hole the sensor goes in hoping it might clear any suspected/possible debris from the sensor ring fitted inside the hub, checked the wiring connectors, which were clean and uncorroded, so I daubed the connectors with silicone grease as a precaution.

Fired up the old bus drove 100 yds, all the lights went out. Smug relief ensued.
When I parked up, the steering lock started to work again aswell, weird. Dunno about that.
Only warning light now is TPMS (active variety).

Happy motoring.