B7 Highline quesitons re: retrofit of camera, bluetooth, sensors and vcds

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

phester
Passat model: B7

B7 Highline quesitons re: retrofit of camera, bluetooth, sensors and vcds

Post by phester »

HI All,

I just purchased a 2011 B7 highline 1.6 bluemotion with nappa leather. Its has RCD510 but none of the extra goddies. No reverse sensor, Camera or bluetooth.

From what I have researched any retrofit is hundreds of euros/pounds and I think my RCD510 has no RGB input so a camera with this headend is not possible.
It has a part number of 3c8035195 or VW|4Z3L1121792C Delphi 28296800

1.I have VCDS on the way. Is there anything that should be done with it for safekeeping. Dump full log or take pictures of every long code (learning on the fly here as every other car was less of a computer :) )

2.Historically I have fitted the cheap Chinese 4 sensor kits to my rear and wired to the reverse light. But I have read that the light circuit is no longer just DC for a bulb fault detection. Has anyone spliced into a bulb power without issue.

3.Bluetooth module. Is there a preferred module and is there any that just wont work. My car has MFD and the radio has a blue plug which I think is the Aux Plug. Where the green plug would go has only 5 pins populated. From what I can make out so far I could buy the wiring harness and mic, get a module from ebay. And the rest is VCDS. I have steering controls and a mic button but It does not control the radio so I think no voice activation.

Am I missing anything obvious.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login