Clock Spring Replacement

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Routley
Passat model: B7 Estate

Clock Spring Replacement

Post by Routley »

Our clock spring had failed on our B7 Passat estate and the local garage has just replaced our faulty clock spring.

The other half picked it up jumped in and brought it home, on starting the car she found that the keyless start would just continue to turn the car over and not start the car. She informed the garage who have said we will need to keep in steering the key and starting the car for 20-30 times so the car relearns, I’m not sure this is correct. Also I’ve just driven it and found out that the paddle shift up or down doesn’t work and the right hand side steering wheel buttons only scroll up and down through the phone menu and not left or right to select another menu.

Now I’m leaning towards the garage sourcing and installing the wrong clock spring as before it failed everything was working correctly what are your thoughts?

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login