Flywheel Noise - Best Place To Purchase

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Footiecoach

Flywheel Noise - Best Place To Purchase

Post by Footiecoach »

Hi folks, bought my B7 about 2 mths back and couple of faults already which I've had to fix (battery and rear wheel bearing). Got a pretty decent deal so in effect I kinna had £500 up my sleeve for any tweaks but obviously this will take it over any potential savings I made on car.....but hey ho we are where we are eh !

The clutch feels great, no slippage, smells, pulls great and no shudders at all etc but when car is sitting idling away the engine turns over perfect then every 30 secs for about 15 secs you can hear what sounds like the flywheel tapping away.....its heard well above the normal diesel engine tune and pretty distinctive.

So I'm thinking, since I plan to keep the car a few years that I should just get it changed now as car is on 115k miles so I reckon about time that they may on average start giving you the signs. When doing the flywheel I'm guessing that given its mileage and to save double labour charges in poss a year time just to get flywheel and clutch done together (pse shout if that doesn't sound logical).

Also, is there any recommended online parts supplier that you chaps use as the only nosey I've had so far is EuroCarParts who are around £600 (before any Bank Hols discount codes they issue up online so prob be £450 with discount) and for this they are selling a LUK brand......don't know if that's a good brand?

Any help on this brand or even better if you can point me to another place to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers folks and have a good weekend all.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login