B7 Estate auto tailgate issues

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Johnc76.
Passat model: B7 Executive

B7 Estate auto tailgate issues

Post by Johnc76. »

Morning!

I have had my 14 plate B7 Executive estate for exactly 3 weeks. Bought from and old fella who polished it silly and did no miles at all in it so I feel extra guilty that I've broken it somehow.

It comes with the auto tailgate, which has worked fine for the last 3 weeks, but when I went to put the shopping in last night the tailgate only opened about a quarter of the way. Rightly or wrongly I physically opened it all the way up and loaded the bags in, pushed the button on the tailgate and it shut as normal. Drove home thinking it must just be one of those things. Pulled in the drive and this time used the button on the door to see if it made a difference but it did the same thing. AGAIN rightly or wrongly I pushed the tailgate up emptied the boot but this time the button on the tailgate wouldn't close the tailgate.

Help!

I am hoping it is as simple as a fuse but I can't find a fuse list that mentions the tailgate/boot lid specifically. Has anyone had the same issue?

Cheers

John

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login