New Air Con issue (I think!)

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Tom Hollands
Passat model: B7

New Air Con issue (I think!)

Post by Tom Hollands »

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined hoping to get some advice so firstly it’s good to be here and hello.

I’ve had a browse through various threads dating back to a couple years ago and gave up as nothing mentioned the issue I’ve got so apologise if it is there and I didn’t spot it.

My air con stopped working a few weeks back so I took it to a garage to get it regassed. It was slightly low so I was hopefull that’s all it was but once recharged, it still didn’t work. Looking online I found loads of YouTube videos mainly from the states talking about the compressor control solenoid being the main problem with air con issues on VAG cars (video was of a Passat). Connected up to VAGCOM it shows there’s an electrical issue with either the relay or compressor itself (again suggesting it could be the solenoid).

I’ve looked at other threads relating to pulley spines being striped etc and certain that’s not the issue as pulley, nut and spindle are all turning with the belt.

It’s a Sanden PXE 14 and here’s a link to a replacement solenoid on amazon which is unfortunately no longer available.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compressor-Con ... B073WP1QC1

Has anyone had this issue or anything similar?
Where abouts is the relay if anyone knows?
Where’s the best place to buy the solenoid, if anyone knows?
What voltage do I need to apply to existing solenoid connection to bypass the relay and check if it’s the relay that’s faulty?
Any other ideas, thoughts etc?

Thanks all and hoping someone has a solution or something! (Also I’m aware to replace the solenoid, system needs to be emptied first)

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login