Intermittent multiple dashboard lights

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

passatbits
Passat model: 2013 2.0 TDi

Intermittent multiple dashboard lights

Post by passatbits »

Hi all

Had a search but not found anyone else with this problem.

Driving about a week ago and 5 orange lights all flash on simultaneously on the dashboard:

- ABS
- ECS (stability control)
- Auto handbrake (auto-hold - and handbrake doesn't turn on automatically when light is on)
- Auto start-stop
- Steering lock

Nothing changed with the handling/drive of the car that I noticed (but I was just cruising around town - wasn't exactly testing the limits of the traction control or anything)

Next time I went to drive it the lights were still there. The time after they were still there for the first half mile but then all turned off again.

Couple of days later they're all back. Next time I drive it all gone again.

This has continued on and off since then. I wonder if it's a software glitch on the computer or some weird sensor error, but it seems odd to me that the lights always go on and off for all 5 systems simultaneously, when I can't think that all 5 systems are linked anywhere other than inside the car's software.

Has anyone else had similar, and what was the cause? Don't want to take it in and pay for diagnostics if this is something I can at least try and fix myself first.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Steve

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login