2011 1.6TDi EGR

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

AMacdonald
Passat model: B7

2011 1.6TDi EGR

Post by AMacdonald »

Hi all.
New here but 7 years and 230K miles into my 2011 1.6TDi B7 estate. It's been pretty reliable so far but the miles are catching up and a few issues are starting to appear. I've started to get intermittent EGR flow rate warnings and have decided to change the EGR valve and cooler. I bought a £120 unit from Amazon before looking at the work involved and immediately handing the job over to my local garage. He recommends not using anything but an OEM valve as the cheap (£120 is cheap??) valves don't last long. So, I need to find an OEM EGR valve, hopefully without visiting a dealer, the nearest of which is over 40 miles away and would no doubt take me to the cleaners.

Does anyone know who makes OEM valves? I see ECP have Intermotor, Haas and Pierburg listed, all around the £350 mark. Do any of these have a good reputation or should I be looking for another manufacturer. Pierburg are OEM suppliers for one of my other cars but I don't know if that means everything they make is good.

All advice and experience gratefully received.
AMacdonald

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login