Improving a 2014 Passat

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

steve_muzzy
still on the production line
Passat model: 2014 r line est

Improving a 2014 Passat

Post by steve_muzzy »

Hi First post etc. :)

So I just bought a 2014 Passat, 2.0l diesel bluemotion R line technology estate (to give it its full title)

Car looks great and goes fine, not as slow as as I feared and has 12 months MOT so no mechanical problems (yet) but the poverty spec and frankly terrible seats are needing improved, worse still the drivers one is definitely knackered/some of the bolster feels like it has gone.

I have a plan to change all the stereo to get sat Nav etc but also I am looking to swap out the interior, maybe a big job but I was going to add a fair bit of sound deadening as I do this and I am comfy wielding a screwdriver..

Do I have to stick to a B7 interior or can I get, say front seats from any VAG group Car? I presume airbags will be fitted to the seats so need compatibility for this, not just the mounting hardware etc.

Ebay seems to be awash with interiors from crashed sportier VAG cars hence the question .

Also are there any quick fixes to the spec? Is the wiring harness for say cruise there and I just needs some bits or is it a non starter?

Many thanks!

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login