Time to leave

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lgb1961
Passat model: B7

Time to leave

Post by lgb1961 »

Guys, I realise I have not contributed much here but I am now getting rid of my Passat after 18 months. Bought it at just under 3yo with full dealer history and 28k on the clock.
Since then it has been in the garage for tracking twice, headlamp fault thrice, rear suspension bushes and the dreaded crack rear washer pipe (cracked in 3 places), on top of all that, the rear driver side window shudders when lowered and the rear door seals leak and in the winter the doors freeze shut. Finally, and the straw that broke this camels back, the DSG failed at 39k.
VW customer care have been abject, done nothing at all, didn't get me a courtesy car for the week it was in getting the gearbox done, didn't offer anything towards the £130 I had to shell out to get it towed or the £160 for the washer pipe. The retailer provided a refurbed gearbox but I still had to pay £650 for labour and diagnostics.
The car still does not have 40k on the clock, only 4 1/2 years old and I have never come across such wrist exercise service in all my life from such a majot company. They offered me a discount on a part ex, but after the experience I have had, I'll never entertain a VW again.
All the best chaps

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login