Alarm/tailgate problem

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Adrian888
B1
Passat model: B7 Alltrack

Alarm/tailgate problem

Post by Adrian888 »

Sunday morning 3.00am awoke to a blasted car alarm going off..... oops it was mine. Opened/closed the car, locked it and starts all over again. As it was frostbite weather Eventually decided to leave unlocked, alarm went off again an hour later.... cancelled it and all well until late morning..... So a bit of research suggested possible leak of rear washer fluid getting into tailgate electrics. No sign of anything but rear wash/wipe not working..... Alarm went off again 2.00am today which is great when starting new job this morning..... and cannot find fuse or relay to disable alarm so decided will have to leave unlocked until I can get my local spannerman to strip the tailgate and check for damp/corroded connectors etc. Noted tailgate open showing despite repeated firm closing. Drove car and tailgate open warning now intermittent..... when ok rear wash wipe works fine!

So, first off where is the fuse or relay so I can disable the early morning alarm call? Second, am I clutching at straws hoping it might be simply the latch or keep fractionally out of adjustment (had new central locking actuator fitted last September when on hols in Germany) or is it a tailgate trim strip down to locate dodgy damp corroded connection?

This just adds to DPF/EGR warning lamp coming on intermittently too, hope VW will pay for that fix given had emission fix and car has full dealer history......

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login