Newbie in need of help - MFD Issue

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

MarshallStax
Passat model: B7 Estate

Newbie in need of help - MFD Issue

Post by MarshallStax »

Hi all,

New guy here looking for some help and advise.

I have a 2011 B7 which is fitted with what I believe is a RNS 510 system (if that's the one that was fitted as standard).

Anyway here is the issue: A few months back I got in the car and noticed that the display on the main unit touch screen looked different (the buttons on the screen looked new/updated) so I assumed the system had updated itself. I was not aware it could do that unaided but just put that down to my lack of knowledge.

I then noticed that since this had happened, I no longer have either the radio station info or any of the sat nav info displaying on the MFD on the dash. I also can no longer change radio stations from the steering wheel controls. Volume still works but not station selection.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a known issue. I've searched the internet to no avail. If anyone could shed a little light on this I'd be massively grateful. It's doing my head in. ~x(

Thanks,

Andy

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login