EGR, head light, audio...

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

rpet
Passat model: VW Passat B7

EGR, head light, audio...

Post by rpet »

hi folks,

after 3 months on the B7 wheels feeling a bit confused from my car really...

First of all, before EGR valve went faulty I have to reach consumption 58.8 mpg on the highway - it was the best result for all time with the car. Does anyone reach better consumption? I'm not sure about consumption 70 mpg declared by AutoTrader for this model... It must be a joke, isn't it? So what is realistic extra-urban consumption? Sometimes driving 300 miles so better consumption will be warmly welcome...

Meanwhile somewhere in the Dorset:
I have got engine fault indication on MFD couple of weeks ago. Also, blue smoke blew out from exhaust occasionally. After VCDS check it was EGR valve, but probably not critical fault happened - after fault reset it's disappeared. Now I'm ready to clean EGR, but can you guys recommend any good EGR cleaner?

Then, standard low beam bulbs been replaced for Xenon one recommended here (don't remember the company, but it was recom on this forum as the best seller, kit cost £89...), all OK. But when the high beam is getting used then low beam lights going off with no warning and after lights switched back to low beam only it taking few seconds they go on, so it's really very dangerous when you're speeding on a highway with no lights for seconds! Any idea what is going on?

Now, three days ago off-side low beam bulb got off. Again, no warning, no fault. Tried to replace it back with genuine bulb but no progress, still not working. On near side, all bulbs (incl. Xenon one) works fine. Does someone has had the same experience?

Finally.

On the radio unit, we have blue back-light, which annoys me seriously - the sharp blue colour is irritating in the night so thinking if is there any option to re-code radio unit back-light into another colour? Green or red? My friend has VCDS and genuine OBD2 cable so shouldn't be a problem for him, he looks very good with car diagnostic software...

Silly things:

On the courtesy lights unit, on the ceiling, there are two very small LED lights, red. Does someone has any clue what is it? Or what is it for? Heh... :mrgreen:

BTW, after few next days, full upgrade from standard bulb to the LED's should be done - when the last set arrive, will post some pictures over here to show you how the car can look well with, including LEDs specification I have used for the upgrade. :-P

Thanks a lot to everyone who read this and who will react :D

Cheers from Dorset for all of you!
VW Passat Variant (Estate) 2.0 Bluemotion B7 (2011)

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login