Towbars wheels and Swapping non folding door mirrors for folding ones.

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

fizzgig656
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Towbars wheels and Swapping non folding door mirrors for folding ones.

Post by fizzgig656 »

Hi all. Been a while. But since my 170 sport estate got written off by some twit behind, ive had to find a new car.
Now ive bought another 2012 170 sports estate with a few more bells and whistles but doesn't everything my original car had. As ive got both cars at the mo. How easy is it to swap things? IE the foldable wing mirrors from my junk car to my new one.
Can i just swap the wing mirrors and wing mirror control button in the drivers door?
Also the wheels? Will the tyre pressure sensors sort them selves out after swapping the wheels from one car to another?

Can i also ask peoples opinions on towbars. I normally go for fixed flange towbars. But ive read cars with reverse sensors should have detachable ones. And i assume ill need a vehicle specific wiring kit?

Thanks in advance.
B7 62 plate 170 sports tech estate grey (been killed) now got b7 12 plate 170 sports tech estate silver with gadgets :) but lost Panoramic roof :(

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login