Please help - breakdown - ECU

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

VW maverick
Passat model: B7

Please help - breakdown - ECU

Post by VW maverick »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, and would really welcome your input.

I've got a 2014 VW Passat estate 1.6 TDI which has now broken down twice in a matter of a week. The car has done just 40,000 miles and has been serviced regularly. On both occasions the car has suddenly lost all power when driving along and then won't restart.

The fault codes identified with the latest breakdown are as follows:
P060600 - defect control unit - permanent
P214600 - fuel injector group A supply voltage circuit/open - permanent.

The car was in the garage after the first breakdown and I was told the fault codes were again related to the injectors and the control unit.

The garage sent the injectors away to be tested and the report came back that all was fine. They then preceded to re-wire the injectors back to the control unit. This got the car to start again so they thought all was then OK. The car then broke down again within just 5 miles of collecting it (with the codes mentioned above). :(( :(( :((

The garage is now saying that it must be the ECU that is the problem, and is recommending that the ECU be replaced entirely (which is a very expensive job). It seems odd that the ECU could fail after just 3 and half years of driving and 40k miles.

I would be most grateful for any input and thoughts as to what might be the problem here, and what my options are. In particular, whether I should consider sending the ECU away to someone that tests and repairs them.

Needless to say this is all stressing me out as i'm just not sure what to do next.

Many thanks in advance.
David

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login