Gear stick moving

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Hummingbird
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Gear stick moving

Post by Hummingbird »

Hi

Newbee to the forum! I did post this in general but no responses, so thought technical might be a better place for this post:
Just bought a 2014 Passat estate 2.0tdi with manual gears. Love the car but just noticed that when in 6th gear doing about 70mph, the gear stick seems to move back when accelerating and forward again when decelerating. The movement is only slight, about 10mm or so. Just wondered if this is normal for this model or an indication of a gearbox issue? The car has 12 months Das WeltAuto cover so if the gearbox failed it would be covered, however the car has only done 43k miles, 1 owner and is in very good condition, so I’m surprised it would have a gearbox problem. If it is a failing gearbox, then I would obviously like to get it sorted now rather than run the risk of it failing after the warranty expires!!

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login