Rear Wiper and Washers Not Working

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

Jiggyjigjig
Passat model: B7

Post by Jiggyjigjig » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 am

Morning guys, (2012 Passat Estate)

I need some additional assistance please. My issue is that the rear wiper refuses to work and neither the front or back washers spray water.
I can't hear the motor when i attempt to spray, yet the headlight washer comes on fine.

I researched it originally to find that a single fuse controls both the rear wiper and washers, so though excellent i just need to replace the fuse.
Took 20 mins trying to find where the fuses were lol, eventually replaced fuse 40 and tried again, but nothing. Tried another new fuse just to make sure but they still refuse to work.

What else could be causing this, could it be a relay?

newboy
B4
Passat model: B6 estate

Re: Rear Wiper and Washers Not Working

Post by newboy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:47 am

That rings a bell from the days when I had my B6. It was something really, really obscure, such as the bonnet catch switch! Maybe try searching the B6 forum?

Jiggyjigjig

Post by Jiggyjigjig » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi newboy. Thanks for the tip although i dont believe it will be that as the front wipers are working. And i believe that if the bonnet is up the wipers don't operate. I'm certain it's a relay that powers fuse 40 but i can't find out which it is. VW wouldn't say either and wanted to book me in......

Jiggyjigjig

Post by Jiggyjigjig » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:16 am

Does anyone has a relay diagram for the B7? Can't find anything online

Kemo70

Post by Kemo70 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Jiggyjigjig wrote:Does anyone has a relay diagram for the B7? Can't find anything online
Hi buddy I have the same problem, my filling flap locking up didn’t work, and my washer spray of rear wiper had very low pressure. When I sprayed tailgate windscreen the water was leaking through the house under the tailgate because was cracked. The wasted water was dropping down through the electric pins as you can see on the attached pictures. I had to take off the right side trim panel and dry all underneath. I have ordered new silicone house which is better than genuine plastic one. After drying up and clean all the connectors and pins is working perfect. Try to do this way mate
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butlerboy

Post by Butlerboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:51 am

Hi Kemo70
I have same
Thank you so much for your answer and photos
Brilliant
Butlerboy

chillout1983
B3
Passat model: b7

Post by chillout1983 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Did you replace the whole harness or repair the hose ? I have just found mine to be leaking , I am trying to work out what I need as I retrofitted a reverse cam and thought if I could by a harness for a car with a reverse cam and the electric tailgate I would saving me adding the cam wiring

Any idea how to find parts not intended for your car the harness I have Is 3af 971 148 c I see harnesses with a k at the end they have reverse cam but standard tailgate.

Any help appreciated

saltkar

Post by saltkar » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:01 pm

chillout1983 wrote:Did you replace the whole harness or repair the hose ? I have just found mine to be leaking , I am trying to work out what I need as I retrofitted a reverse cam and thought if I could by a harness for a car with a reverse cam and the electric tailgate I would saving me adding the cam wiring

Any idea how to find parts not intended for your car the harness I have Is 3af 971 148 c I see harnesses with a k at the end they have reverse cam but standard tailgate.

Any help appreciated
I had the same problem. I just repaired the hose. Then for the harness I checked what pins in the blue contact that was out of order and cut those wires and soldered them separately.
I’ve attached an image when I was testing to make sure everything worked before I soldered, it’s easier for you to see. The red clips is where I soldered the wires, some of the wires were so corroded so they were a bit short after I cut them, so I extended them (the black wires)
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201908 ... d583dd.jpg[/IMG]

Hope this helps!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

chillout1983
B3
Passat model: b7

Post by chillout1983 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi for my car I ordered a new harness total nightmare to remove the flanged tube on the car side the harness I got was part number I fitted was 3af 971 148 m ( with boot close button and co ax for the camera ) I had run the camera supply plug through though if I was to do it again I would just repair the hose but as my Mot is due I just went for the Harness.