Adaptive Headlights Stopped Working :(

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Timon2210
B7
Passat model: B7

Adaptive Headlights Stopped Working :(

Post by Timon2210 »

Hello All,
I was going out last night in the Passat,and I have the headlight switch in (Auto) position,the headlights usually goes right to left then up and down when I start the car,but when I started the car I noticed that it didn't do that while i was inside the garage,so i took the car for a drive and usually the headlights goes in the direction of the steering wheel,but it didn't...so I read online that if the headlights is dirty,it will stop doing that until you clean them with the headlight washer or wash the car,so I cleaned them,but with no luck,still the same.

So today I tried to check them again,as I thought it might be inter. fault and not a perm. one,but still the same,so I tried the high beam,and I noticed that the headlight on the right side (Passenger Side-LHD car) not working,only the driver side is,but if I turn the headlights off,and pull the indicator stalk for a dim,both bulbs works perfectly,so do you think that is related??

The car don't show any error message in the MFD,or the warning bulb icon that i got a faulty bulb,so please let me know what you think,and if it's the bulb,anyone know how to get the part number so that I can buy it online,as I'm not going to buy it from the dealer.

Thank you all,
Tim
2002-101BHP-1.9 TDI-SOLD
Now driving-Passat B7-104KW-140BHP-2.0 TDI-Full Options-It's Bought NOT Built..LOL

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login