14 Plate Passat Estate

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

Kelvin Marsh

14 Plate Passat Estate

Post by Kelvin Marsh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm

HI All
I am probalbly going to sound very stupid. We have our first Passat, absolutely love it, however!!!! Front Fog Lights? Does it have them? The light controls only have a diagram of ONE fog light and the switch only pulls out once, am I right to assume that it only has rear fog lights??
Thanks in advance for replies.

Kelvin

passat addict
B1
Passat model: B6

Re: 14 Plate Passat Estate

Post by passat addict » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm

I have looked at a few Passat's and I do I don't think i have seen any without front fogs btw. Even the s models have emImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hilly81
B3
Passat model: B5.5

Post by Hilly81 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:38 pm

passat addict wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm
I have looked at a few Passat's and I do I don't think i have seen any without front fogs btw. Even the s models have emImage

My 2011 SE did not have front fogs. Just DRL's.

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: Amarok Ultimate

Post by dubber36 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:56 pm

passat addict wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm
I have looked at a few Passat's and I do I don't think i have seen any without front fogs btw. Even the s models have em
Are you sure? Many have dummy foglights next to the DRLs. If it only has one symbol on the switch, it doesn't have front foglights.
2004 V6 TDI gone and replaced with a 2011 TDI Sport DSG which has gone too.

passat addict
B1
Passat model: B6

Post by passat addict » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Ok my bad. I stand corrected.

Stuart W
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Post by Stuart W » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 am

Kelvin Marsh wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm
HI All
I am probalbly going to sound very stupid. We have our first Passat, absolutely love it, however!!!! Front Fog Lights? Does it have them? The light controls only have a diagram of ONE fog light and the switch only pulls out once, am I right to assume that it only has rear fog lights??
Thanks in advance for replies.

Kelvin
I've got a 14-plate Executive estate, and it doesn't have them - you needed to go one model up to the Executive Style to get them.

Considering mine has leather, parking sensors, 2-zone climate control, Bluetooth, sat-nav, cruise control and heated front seats blah, blah, the absence of front fog lights always seemed odd for a car of that spec.

In fact I had a 2006 SE estate previously, and although it was lower spec than my current car, even back then I thought the lack of front fog lights was an odd omission for the spec level.

Anyway, according to the brochure for 2014 spec B7s, the following didn't have front fog lights as standard fit:

S
Bluemotion
Executive
Highline

Front fog lights were fitted to the following, plus 'static cornering function':

Executive Style
Alltrack
R-line
Sport

Not sure if all the models are the same, but on my Executive the DRLs are where the fog lights would normally be, and in fact look like front fog lights, but they only work when the headlights are off.

On the Executive Style the fog/cornering lights are where my DRLs are, and the DRLs are a strip of LEDs incorporated into the main headlight unit.

Looking at the brochure, just realised I've got heated windscreen washer jets - nearly four years/80,000 miles of worrying for nothing :oops:

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie

Post by dubber36 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 am

Stuart W wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 am

Not sure if all the models are the same, but on my Executive the DRLs are where the fog lights would normally be, and in fact look like front fog lights, but they only work when the headlights are off.

On the Executive Style the fog/cornering lights are where my DRLs are, and the DRLs are a strip of LEDs incorporated into the main headlight unit.
Just to be pedantic, all cars had two chamber lights in the bumper, so potentially four lights in total.

Cars with halogen headlights had DRLs in the inner chambers of the bumper lights, and if fitted, fog lights in the outer chamber. The fog lights were also used as static cornering lights. If the car had no front fog lights, the outer chambers were blank inside with no bulb holders.

Cars with bi-xenon headlights had their DRLs in the headlight. The outer chamber of the bumper lights was for the fog lights and the inner chamber was used for the static cornering light. It is a different light unit to those in halogen headlight cars as the cornering light bulb and reflector are different.

Stuart W
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Post by Stuart W » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 pm

dubber36 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 am

Just to be pedantic, all cars had two chamber lights in the bumper, so potentially four lights in total.

Cars with halogen headlights had DRLs in the inner chambers of the bumper lights, and if fitted, fog lights in the outer chamber. The fog lights were also used as static cornering lights. If the car had no front fog lights, the outer chambers were blank inside with no bulb holders.

Cars with bi-xenon headlights had their DRLs in the headlight. The outer chamber of the bumper lights was for the fog lights and the inner chamber was used for the static cornering light. It is a different light unit to those in halogen headlight cars as the cornering light bulb and reflector are different.
PassatExecutiveStyle.JPG
PassatS.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie

Post by dubber36 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 am

Don't believe what the brochures say. There is always a disclaimer saying that specs may vary.

Did you hear about the recent Golf Mk 7.5 fog light issues? The brochures stated that GTI/D'd had front fog lights. When the first batches of cars arrived, they didn't have any fitted. Customers were given the option of rejecting the car, but having to wait several months for another, or accept £500.00 in compensation.