Help Diagnose Problem

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

khublaikhan
Passat model: B7

Help Diagnose Problem

Post by khublaikhan »

Hi All,

I have a 2011 VW Passat CC @112000 miles approx and I have an issue with it. From a cold start there are no problems but if I have travelled up to 10 miles or more and I come to a standstill at a junction, just as I set off I hear a single clunking sound underneath my feet, this noise repeats on an adhoc basis until I rest it a few hours. This only happens when I set off or brake and I think at low speeds.

I have had this checked a few times and the mechanics prod around with a metal bar around the suspension and wheels areas as well as pulling and tugging. Different mechanics have said they can't find anything wrong.

I intend to go upto Scotland (from Leeds) in a couple of days and I am wondering whether I should risk taking the car. Aside from the issue described the car is faultless?

Any ideas how I should approach a diagnosis and mechanical discussion with a mechanic? Obviously I am not an expert in these matters.

All advice gratefully appreciated and thanks in advance.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login