B7 2013 Alltrack Dash Removal

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Alltrack16
Passat model: B7

B7 2013 Alltrack Dash Removal

Post by Alltrack16 »

I need to replace the H22 front parking aid buzzer which lurks under the lower dash panel.

The Haynes manual states that to access it, 'remove the driver's side lower fascia panel (page 12.16 under 'warning buzzer-front'). However, a page from a VW workshop manual I obtained from a VW dealership where I bought a Polo recently states 'The front parking aid warning buzzer -H22- is located under the dash panel in the front left footwell....' Confusion! This page is reproduced in my earlier post, which I mistakenly made under the B5, B5.5 section.

I followed the Haynes guide to remove the driver's side panels, which seemed the best bet, but it won't budge. I suspect there's one or more hidden screws. The Haynes guide isn't accurate as I found a screw behind the infotainment trim which wasn't mentioned, but where are the others? Got the one behind the light switch, two behind the plastic end panel, five down the bottom and two behind the instruments metallic trim. It's tight to the left of the steering column but no sign of access to screws. I managed to have a squint under the dash once the small panel above the pedals was removed, but could see no trace of the buzzer. Which doesn't mean it's not there..
Can anyone confirm which side it's located, please?

Is it possible to buy a VW workshop manual? There are VW manuals available online was PDFs, but not for later models.
The more you have :D , the more you have to look after. :-s

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login