Good Morning Folks 18 inch wheel excessive road noise any thoughts

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

tango2pints
Passat model: b7

Good Morning Folks 18 inch wheel excessive road noise any thoughts

Post by tango2pints »

Good Morning Folks

Firstly hi to you all this isn my first post after joining your forum so here is my dilemma i have just bought last week my first vw passat on a 14 plate its the tech line style with 18 inch low profile tyres here is my dilemma the car is arctic white and beautiful the engine purrs like a kitten im delighted with my purchase.

ok so i have bought my passat for being a taxi now here is the the thing the road noise is horrendous from the wheels / tyres i have yesterday had a full set of brand new boots all round the landsail 588 uhp which have a decibel rating of 68db i bought these as my friends land sails are spot on (not low profile though) but the road noise is driving me crazy.

my thoughts are can i buy a brand new set of 16 inch wheels and tyres to decrease the road noise as there is no way it could be a taxi the road noise prior to the new tyres was load with continentals on them hence the change.

i would be really grateful for your kind help

thank you for reading my post

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login