Coolant Leak on 2011 2.0TDI Sport

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

nrog
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 2.0 Execu BMT

Coolant Leak on 2011 2.0TDI Sport

Post by nrog »

Hi All

I've got a 61 plate 2.0 TDI Sport thats just covered 54k miles and just before Christmas the coolant warning light came on. I duly looked beneath the bonet and the level was just below minimum so I took it to a local garage who checked the pressure and topped it up. No leak detected and nothing obvious in the engine bay itself.

All has been well for almost 3 weeks but today the light came on again after starting the engine and driving for around 1 minute. On inspection, the coolant reservoir was really low, lower than I've ever seen and clearly there is a problem. It's leaking somewhere. Local garage (not a main stealer) has said he will have a look but can't guarantee anything or how much it might cost.

Any thoughts on what it might be and how much it might cost? The car is otherwise a dream to own, nice and clean inside and out, well looked after and gives me great economy - almost 60mpg around town if I drive like Miss Daisy. Cam let changed at 43k 13 months ago and just serviced in December at 53k miles. I don't want problems to start up now!

Any thoughts / comments appreciated.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login