Passat's on-board diagnostics

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Percy
Passat model: B7 TDi Estate

Passat's on-board diagnostics

Post by Percy »

Hi I'm a reluctant new member, not because me and the family don't love Passats; had them for past 16 years ever since started the family! But reluctant because I need a load of people's help regarding what the on-board diagnostic computers records and saves. We recently had really bad experience taking our B7 11 plate Tdi Estate in for an MOT. Went in fine, passed with advisory on bushes but rest fine. Wife got into it to try and drive away car and everyone know the routine, dashboard said door/boot open etc. In this case it was saying the boot was not shut. She tried to shut it but the locking mechanism would not engage. They deny all responsibility, Strange that. Fine when went in but knackered when came out. Right what I want to pick peoples brains is, would the on-board diagnostics log a fault say if they drove it from the workshop to the forecourt with the boot faulty? I'm trying to get some concrete evidence as they've treated us like **** despite saying their a regional company priding themselves on customer care - big fat hairy ones is my answer to that.

Anything anyone can say, point in direction in, suggest would be great. FYI I don't have a personal portable diagnostic to connect to the OBD port.

Cheers, Percy.