Auto handbrake problem.

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gordon T
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Auto handbrake problem.

Post by Gordon T »

Hello folks. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Im having intermittent problems with the auto handbrake. Was working correctly until about 3 weeks ago.
Sometimes it works as it should and then at other times it wont come on. It releases ok, either with the button or pulling away but when coming to a stop, it sometimes doesnt apply and still wont when using the button. Stopping the engine and removing the key makes no difference to it. It still wont apply. Driving off and then having another go at applying it, sometimes works but not all the time. I sometimes have to leave it in gear if I have to leave the car when it wont apply. Ive had the car 2012 2.0Tdi saloon for about 1.5 years and never had any problems at all. No warning lights, pads all ok etc.
Anyone care to mention where I should check first before I have to go to a stealers. I can shuffle spanners no problem and have most tools available. Gordon T.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login