disabling stop / start permanently

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

seve
still on the production line
Passat model: b7 2014 dsg

disabling stop / start permanently

Post by seve »

has anyone been able to do this ?
I've been doing a bit of research on this, and it seems it can be done on some audi's & new Octavia's
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ ... 94276.html

I've a 2014 Passat estate 2.0 tdi dsg, just a tech s, but the spec's great for a base model,
just got the car 2 days ago, got the dealer to fit cruise as part of the deal and fitted parking sensors myself yesterday, so car has everything I need.

the dsg and auto hold are fantastic, but the same cant be said about the stop/ start
I know you can switch it off everytime you start off, but I wanna say goodbye to it for good :ymapplause:

there's an option to disable it with vag com in the engine controller, but unfortunately it reverts back to enabled by de-fault ~x(
i'm thinking there must be another way of doing this , so after playing about with vag com,
here's what I've came up with [ it's related to the above link ]

open controller can gateway
click long adaptation
click can extended usage
channel 13
you now get two temp readings ie -50 & -50
stored value = 002000
new value = ?

if you could change both temp reading to 50 rather than -50 by entering the correct new value, then maybe no more stop / start :-bd

what do ya think

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login