Can't remove load cover

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

silva
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Can't remove load cover

Post by silva »

I have bought a used 2011 B7 and after owning it for a few months I am very happy, its a great car… apart from recently finding a problem with the load cover in the boot. It extends and retracts fine - the problem is that I cannot take the load cover unit out ...so I can't fold down the seats and make use of the full loading space.

The button that would normally release the unit and enable it to be removed is slack so evidently the mechanism is broken. I have tried to 'persuade' the unit away with a fairly liberal amount of force but I think I will damage something if try any harder.

As I have never removed the load cover so I don't know how the mechanism that keeps the unit in place actually works otherwise I might be able to slide a tool in at the appropriate angle somewhere to release a catch perhaps. Basically I don't know how to tackle a fix.

Any help would be much appreciated :esm

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login