Leaking Panoramic Roof Estate Sport

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

Wingforward58

Re: Leaking Panoramic Roof Estate Sport

Post by Wingforward58 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi folks - a little late to the party.
Exactly the same symptoms as mentioned previously. Been ongoing for over a year in my VW Passat estate 2012. I had initially assumed it was the sunroof and after opening and cleaning around the seals etc, attempted to close it...the sunroof wouldn't close and after 20mins pf panic with an impending rainshower I eventually got it closed..removing the fuse for fear of the roof reopening. That was a number of months ago..i've just attempted to replace the fuse today in an effort to close the sun blind and discovered my sunroof no longer functions. I intend to clean and silicone the drain pipes as per the shared video however I'm concerned the added moisture over time has damaged the sunroof motor..has anyone else experienced this?

Keith B7
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Post by Keith B7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Wingforward58 wrote:Hi folks - a little late to the party.
Exactly the same symptoms as mentioned previously. Been ongoing for over a year in my VW Passat estate 2012. I had initially assumed it was the sunroof and after opening and cleaning around the seals etc, attempted to close it...the sunroof wouldn't close and after 20mins pf panic with an impending rainshower I eventually got it closed..removing the fuse for fear of the roof reopening. That was a number of months ago..i've just attempted to replace the fuse today in an effort to close the sun blind and discovered my sunroof no longer functions. I intend to clean and silicone the drain pipes as per the shared video however I'm concerned the added moisture over time has damaged the sunroof motor..has anyone else experienced this?

No idea on why it’s not operating for you. b
But one tip I can give is when the roof doesn’t close properly it’s usually when the car is stationary..... sounds crazy but if I want mine to close properly I have to drive up the road and open and reclose it on the switch ..works every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matada34
still on the production line

Post by matada34 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:33 pm

I’ve got to try and sort mine.
Mine leaks above my head! Drivers side!
I’ve got a feeling the pipe has come off, I have to park it front end up, the water list then run down the back drains.
Any pics of lowering the heat lining at the front on a 2011 Estate would be
Most appreciated!

Wingforward58

Post by Wingforward58 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks for the replies - I'm hoping I haven't butchered the sunroof motor as it looks might costly to repair/replace..will have a play around with the fuse etc tomorrow..and see if it functions! I will NEVER buy another sun roofed car again!!