Buckled wheel

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

syncropaddy
still on the production line

Buckled wheel

Post by syncropaddy »

I have a 15 month old 2.0 TDi 4motion Highline Estate which is running on 17" factory rims and 235 tyres. 90% of the time it runs on A roads and motorways. Last Friday I drove from Edinburgh to Holyhead and took the ferry across to Dublin and then did another 60 miles of motorway driving. The car ran as it always had - beautifully. Yesterday I started to drive to Belfast and I noticed a vibration coming up through the car. I called into the first tyre centre I could and they found that the n/s/r wheel was buckled. There were no marks on the tyre or wheel to suggest a pothole strike or anything. It looked perfect but wasn't.

Is there a known issue with these wheels being 'soft' like some Audi ones were a while back or have I simply clipped something without realizing it? The car has 75,000 clocked up.

These are the wheels

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login