B7 saloon and 19" Alloys

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

AODC
Passat model: B7

B7 saloon and 19" Alloys

Post by AODC »

Hi B7 owners...

I've owned my 2012 TDi for 6 months and am now looking to tinker over the next 6.

First up I'd like to move from the 16" to either 18 or 19"s.... I'm thinking 19" as I've not yet owned any wheels that size on a car and have always thought after fitting 18's on previous cars that I wish I had that extra inch.... :- :D

VWs always look better with bigger wheels.... and modern cars in general actually.

Has anyone fitted 19's to their B7? I'm guessing with 235/35/19's?

I'd like to see if I can stick with genuine VW wheels... ride the 19's for a few months and then look at lowering once I've had a good look/feel of the car then and decide how much (nowadays I don't think too much - I'm getting older and its a long way down to park my bum :mrgreen: ).

Has anyone had any experience on just retro fitting the VW sports springs from the same model rather than coilover/spring&shocks? I'm wondering whether it would be cheaper and less troublesome?!

Sorry for all the Q's so early into joining.... I have more to ask than to add currently!

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login