B7 2.0Tdi Sport

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Rob100
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 2.0Tdi Sport

B7 2.0Tdi Sport

Post by Rob100 »

Hi All, I'm new to the forum so hello to everyone.

I ordered my car back in November last year and evetually took delivery this week. I can't believe how long its taken but I understand that this is an issue with the sport model due to the different fabric on the seats? Its a 2.0Tdi Sport (140) saloon in island grey. Standard spec but I've had a detachable towbar fitted and some number plate mounted parking sensors.

I've not towed with it yet, but the PCT towbar is an excellent design that is totally invisible when not in use, apart from the breakaway cable mounting point - which is good to have.

Apart from 2 annoying rattles (one from under the passenger seat and the other from the dashboard - I will have a look this weekend to see if I can fix) I'm really pleased. It's not an exciting drive but feels much more precise with an upmarket than my old Honda Accord. Everything seems well made and well designed. Loads of space, managed to fit all of the junk I carry around (Hi vis vests, pnuematic pump, warning triangles, back seat cover, tool kit etc etc) under the floor in the boot.

Slightly dissapointed with the sat nav as you can't put a full post code in and i've not figured out yet how the POI search works, but the DAB radio is great. I've not got an ipod, but I'm tempted to get one just to use the hidden compartment in the glove box!

I've only done 300 miles so far so still have a lot to learn about the car, and if its anything like the last VAG diesel car I owned with the CR engine then I'm hoping it will ease up as I put a few miles on it.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login