Find me the parking sensor module

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: desertstorm, water01, vwnutant

Felixcol
Passat model: Alltrack

Find me the parking sensor module

Post by Felixcol » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi,
I need to replace the parking sensor module, as VW quoted around £350 plus the vat.
There is little on the net except Audi, and they seem to have the module in the rear left side.
Having pulled most of the boot lining and side apart, I can’t find it!
Anyone out there can help?
I was just trying to find it to check the code, but not worth buying one if I can’t find the little sod!
Suggestions fro the forum would be appreciated.

Banjo Mel
Passat model: B7

Re: Find me the parking sensor module

Post by Banjo Mel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi,
From the documentation I have for my 2013 Passat Highline, the parking aid control unit (J446) is described as being 'in the driver's footwell, above the relay carrier', However, the diagram shows a LHD car with a partly dismantled dash panel and the unit is behind the light switch, Maybe someone can clarify whether it will be on the opposite side on a RHD car.
Hope this helps,
Mel

Rhinopower
B5.5

Post by Rhinopower » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Remove the cluster and surround, and you will see it if you look to the bottom right of the hole. Or through the right air vent. There is a few ways of getting to it

Felixcol
Passat model: Alltrack

Post by Felixcol » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks for the hints...I saw something that suggests removing the drop down holder under the steering wheel, as I don’t fancy the idea of removing the instrument panel (there is a limit to diy skills), are there any images out there?