Dataplug

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

Spokeshave
Passat model: B6

Dataplug

Post by Spokeshave » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi. Anyone know how to recover a dataplug PIN? My app went nuts when the phone battery died and reported so many faults with the car it would have been falling apart around me! Only solution to reinstall the app but then couldn't find the very safe place where I recorded the PIN. Any help would be appreciated. Spokeshave

chillout1983
B2
Passat model: b7

Re: Dataplug

Post by chillout1983 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Is it not on the dataplug ? I think it was on mine

mrderv
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Post by mrderv » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 am

It's on the dataplug
2013 VW Passat Sport BlueMotion Tech 2.0 TDI Stage 2 192-bhp 415-Nm

iain67
B5.5
Passat model: B5.5 4mo + T5

Post by iain67 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:50 pm

on the box it came in
4 Motion 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Upper Brace, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes, 312mm Front Brakes
Fwd Sport 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Eibach Pro Springs, Upper and Lower Braces, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes Gone But Not Forgotten.........

jmagee
B1
Passat model: B8

Post by jmagee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Are people actually using these? I got one from the AA last year and all it did was tell me off
Removed it as I couldn't see the benefit of it certainly considering all the data that was being collected about me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Post by Mindriot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Nobody in their right mind should voluntarily use one of these insidious devices.

Once the powers concerned get them forced onto us all you can say goodbye to any joy in driving and costs will just go up and up.

Frankly if you choose to use one youre a traitor to your fellow motorists. If youre a good driver theyre not neccessary, but fools fall for the fake incentives and bad drivers just build the data to justify the argument for them.

My new work van has a particularly hateful item in it and it makes driving much harder frankly with a continual distraction and since i got issued the van i live in constant fear of being rear ended or hit, and regardless of how excellent all other work standards are, even minor regular transgressions, even accidental, will get people sacked because its all continually recorded and analysed.
To be unforgettable is to be unforgivable!

“Amor Fati" – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.

jmagee
B1
Passat model: B8

Post by jmagee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Mindriot wrote:Nobody in their right mind should voluntarily use one of these insidious devices.

Once the powers concerned get them forced onto us all you can say goodbye to any joy in driving and costs will just go up and up.

Frankly if you choose to use one youre a traitor to your fellow motorists. If youre a good driver theyre not neccessary, but fools fall for the fake incentives and bad drivers just build the data to justify the argument for them.

My new work van has a particularly hateful item in it and it makes driving much harder frankly with a continual distraction and since i got issued the van i live in constant fear of being rear ended or hit, and regardless of how excellent all other work standards are, even minor regular transgressions, even accidental, will get people sacked because its all continually recorded and analysed.
The problem I noticed was my commute is country roads and it's clearly not calibrated for them. I was constantly braking and cornering too harshly apparently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Post by Mindriot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:28 am

No, thats how they all function, totally unreasonable.

But idiots still fall for the discount for being a good driver horseshite.

It doesnt know you had to slam the brakes on to avoid some inside overtaking nobjockey, or a dope in a tractor who knows youll shred into his plough or baling spikes when he pulls out without a care with no risk to himself, all it sees is youve slammed on the brakes which means you must be a bad driver.
To be unforgettable is to be unforgivable!

“Amor Fati" – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.

denzbom
B3
Passat model: B5.5 sport

Post by denzbom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 pm

When an employer uses telematics learn to use it to your own advantage drive below the limits they set you for engine revs speed etc they soon regret less work being done. We had it with gps on all our wagons a cheap gps jammer off ebay can give you some peace and get the tool in the office worried,where I worked they had no idea how to download the data from the vehicle ecu they relied on live info by gprs they kept questioning how i could go off grid for hours a day big brother can only watch you if you play by his rules

Kkhornet
Passat model: B7

Post by Kkhornet » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:31 am

Sorry to hijack the thread but any idea why the plug may throw up faults on the app but no faults appear on the dash.
I keep getting warnings about brake and abs failure and the traction control aswell but I'm stumped because everything is working fine