ESP, PARKING BRAKE LAMP ON PERMANENTLY

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

chunks
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

ESP, PARKING BRAKE LAMP ON PERMANENTLY

Post by chunks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:15 am

my dash board looks like a night club right now, the ESP ABS light is on, parking brake lamp, and flat tyre, also start stop not working, any ideas please and roughly how much to fix, tia

Kartman
B2
Passat model: B6 CC GT TDI 205

Re: ESP, PARKING BRAKE LAMP ON PERMANENTLY

Post by Kartman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 am

Likely to be an issue with an ABS wheel speed sensor. You would need to get a diagnostic scan done first with VCDS or similar to determine which one and then determine whether it is the sensor, wiring or hub at fault.

chunks
Passat model: B7

Post by chunks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:48 am

thanks Kartman, will it be dangerous to drive for another week, as im on holiday right now and cannot get anywhere to fix it

Kartman
B2
Passat model: B6 CC GT TDI 205

Post by Kartman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 am

chunks wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:48 am
thanks Kartman, will it be dangerous to drive for another week, as im on holiday right now and cannot get anywhere to fix it
Not necessarily, I drove mine like that for several months but you must realise your ABS will not function. I am used to driving classics cars with no ABS or any electrical assistance, but if you are not you should be wary of the effects of no ABS.

If driven sensibly leaving plenty of stopping distance from the car in front you shouldn't have any issues, but should you to have to perform an emergency stop or brake heavily then you could lock up the wheels and skid.

Also note that the handbrake will not automatically apply like it used to, and that if you do get a flat tyre, as the light is already on, you would not know so worth keeping an eye on your tyres.

So sure while on holiday take it easy but the best advice is to get it sorted as soon as possible really.

cornishbloke
Passat model: B7 Highline BMT

Post by cornishbloke » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 pm

abs sensor. ive hd both back wheel sensor fault and changed, safe to drive.

Battler
Passat model: B7 cc gt

Post by Battler » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Replaced both of my rear ABS sensors, one went a matter of weeks after the other, found replacements on eBay for around £28 each from Germany took around 4 days to turn up and 20mins to change