Upgrading my passat...

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chilledout1
Passat model: B7

Upgrading my passat...

Post by chilledout1 »

Hi Guys,

I bought my Passat 6 months ago and have slowing been updating it.
So far I have updated...
interior lights (had to leave the old vanity light in front passenger seat as wife says the led gives her a bleached look :-@ :-@ :-@ )
Front side lights LED
Reverse lights LED
DRL lights LED
Headlights Philips X-tremeVision Halogen 55w
Chrome boot protector
I am going to give the car a good wash this weekend and will update some photos, for you guys, of progress so far.

On the to do list is:
Putting something like these in for DRL lights with indicators: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231504127484? ... EBIDX%3AIT

LED puddle lights.

Installing some LED lights on the bottom of the front doors as there is just a plastic cover, but space for them.
Installing some more lights in the boot to give more coverage.

May look into have some new shocks installed, but don't want to lower car as too many pot holes in Scotland.

Currently I am having a look to upgrade my RCD-310, thinking of trading up and installing RNS-510.
I have been looking on ebay and there are many different versions which are confusing so if anyone could clear up some question I have. ~x( :-?
1. Which version should I go for: P or T?
2. I have blue tooth right now will this work in new unit?
3. currently I have an ipod connector in the glove box and a 3.5mm connector in the center console. Will I be able to install something like this and make it work with RNS-510?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-OEM ... true&rt=nc
4. Anything I should look out for be careful about?

Thanks in advance for all your help! :-bd :-c :-bd

This topic has 33 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login