RN315 does not come with voice control from NOv 2011??

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

bitannoyed

RN315 does not come with voice control from NOv 2011??

Post by bitannoyed »

We spent a long time looking into which Passat to buy. Had to got to several dealers to look at the various options we wanted. We had the new 2011 brochure (1st April) which clearly said in the Sport model, RNS315 can be voice control activated for the phone. It seems this feature was dropped from passat sports ordered after Nov 2011. We did not realise this when we ordred beginngin of Dec. Test drove cars with the voice control feature and even trialled it. Did not realise a new brochure was sneakily released in August- not well advertised and not made clear on the website about this down grade. It seems VW dealers knew about this for a while but they are currently being very cagey as to when they knew this feature of voice control would be dropped (VW changed the bluetooth module). Does anyone know when the decision to drop this feature was circulated to dealers? I cannot get a straight answer from my local dealer but they went very quiet when I said when my broochure was from and were quick to get in touch with VW(which suggested the memo to dealers went out before its issue in April). Anyone else had this issue or know when this memo was supposedly sent to dealers?? We can't get any answers from our dealer which is not only annoying but very suspicious. Good old VW customer servic strikes again! Thanks everyone

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login