B5.5 is there coded sequence to central locking clicks?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

D3008
Passat model: B5

B5.5 is there coded sequence to central locking clicks?

Post by D3008 »

Hi Folks,

This may sound like a bizarre kind of question however my 2004 B5.5 1.9 TDI 130 started to emit central door clicks when the ignition was turned on and the car started, just as though the key fob central locking button had been pressed except the doors do not open or lock when this happens. Did this a few times and noticed the same number of clicks (3) but sometimes in 2 different sequences, the first is three rapid clicks, the second is two rapid clicks, a pause then a third click. Just wondering if there are sequences which relate to errors that make the central locking behave in this manner. Couldn't find anything on the web so wondering if you may know of anything. Also I should add the rear offside passenger door does not open using key fob or internal switch, this has to be done manually with the door handle etc.

Just as a side, I'm looking at this as I've recently had batteries go dead after ~ 1 week of the car just parked up, testing the circuitry and it looks like ~ 20mA of draw when the car is not in use which well within the tolerances of what should be expected, battery changed a couple of months ago and the same thing has started to happen, a real devil to troubleshoot so just startting to disconnect things like the tow bar electrics, work out the problem with this central locking sequence etc. to see if I can stumble on the resolution.